Pilot Profile Pedram Shiari


Name: Pedram Shiari IR
Glider: Ozone Enzo
Flying For: 5 years
AU Rank: 12
WPRS: 664


1. Where do you mostly fly?
Bright Mysrtic.

2. Which pilots most influenced you?
Each pilot in Australia and world have had effect to me, it's so hard to tell who exactly has the greatest influence. Andrew Horchner, Craig Collings, Fred Gungl, Garth Camac, Brian Webb and Soheil Barikani (Iranian PWC pilot).

3. Where and what was your most memorable flying experience, best flight ever?
29.04.15 with Craig, Andrew and Wally flying to Feathertop and back! Super fun and memorable!

4. What is your favourite flying site in your State?
Mystic, Bright.

5. What is your favourite site in Australia?
Mystic, Bright.

6. What is your favourite site in World?
Mystic, Bright. I have only flown here in Australia and a few sites in Iran. Mystic is the best of my experiences so far.

7. What is you favourite item in your flying kit and why?
My wing Ozone Enzo. Because we can talk with each other well and know each other very well.

8. What do you believe to be your strongest flying skill?
Low saves and scratching as I like to maximise my glides.

9. What do you believe to be your weak link?
Patience. I find it hard to fly with other slower pilots and do the same as they do. I like to explore my own decisions.

10. What equipment do you use, Harness, Instruments, etc?
Wing: Ozone Enzo (S)
Harness: Ozone Ozium (M)
Instrument: Fly Master B1 Nav

11. Best comp task you’ve flown so far, the most memorable?
29.09.14 on 3rd Task of Cunangra cup 2014 after the first point I got super low (50m above ground) and on a small hill I found good lift and managed to make goal with first gaggle.

12. Why do you fly?
The feeling of freedom. The challenge to improve my flying skills.

13. What are your personal flying goals?
Top 3 Australian National ranking. Top 5 PWC Super Final. Top 5 World Championships.

14. What tips can you give to newcomers to the sport?
If you want to be the best , fly with the best and learn. I just started flying XC 2 years ago! I now fly with who I think are the best Australian pilots, Andrew Horchner , Craig Collings , Fred Gungl , Garth Camac and Brian Webb. I have seen the results of this time spent with these pilots as I am now 12th in the Australian National Ladder. I've learned everything from these guys. Fly with the best to be the best.